Your hat is the crowning glory of your Occasion Outfit. The hat choice for the occasion outfit is not straight forward, just choosing a hat in the matching colour will not work. You will need to take into account the shape of the your face, skin tone and your figure.
- Wide Brimmed hats should contrast with your outfit, go with bold colours
- Always try on your hat with your mother of the bride outfit, your hat should be in context of your whole look.
- Because a hat is worn so closely to your face it is important that the colour of the hat flatters your skin tone as well.
- If you have pale skin, a warm colour such as pink or rust is a good choice. Darker skin is easier to choose for, although if it is very dark, black is best avoided.
- Wear your hat around the house. Get accustomed to how it feels on your head so it doesn’t feel unusual on the special day.
- Avoid hat hair; take your hat to the hairdressers in advance of the occasion so you can discuss a hair style which will suit.
- Petite women should avoid hats with a down turned brim. An upturned brim will help draw the eye upwards and help you look a little taller.
- Tall women should focus on hats # with turned down brims and lots of decoration.
We should wear a hat whenever we can. One of the few places you can wear a hat without raising an eyebrow is to a wedding. The English formal look is gradually making an appearance in Nigeria. Fascinators became popular in the 90’s when women used them as an option for not ruining their hair traditional hats.
Gone are the days when we reach for hats,caps and scarfs on bad hair days. They are here to stay! Why? Because hats are on-trend this season and going nowhere. Get that French-girl style in a chic beret. You don’t need to be chilly to rock a beanie hat this season. Pair one on casuals and you’ve nailed off-duty style with ease. A chic baseball hat can take you from airport style to poolside in a heartbeat or up the glam stakes with a turban-style hat for an eclectic look. Nothing says fashion blogger style like an on-trend baker boy hat. You can take your hat off to us later.
From;The Style Rave,Stand Out Styles and Pinterest.